Washing your Organic Pads & Liners is easy! Cloth pads can be cared for a few different ways. Simply choose the option(s) that work best for you!
Optional Pre-Wash Care
Pre-rinse/use stain remover
Pre-soak with stain remover or sanitizer
* Pre-rinse and/or pre-soak may be helpful if item is heavily soiled.
* Sanitize by soaking pads in a cold water/hydrogen peroxide mix (1 tablespoon of Hydrogen Peroxide in every 1.5 cups of water).
* Sanitizing your pads may be a good idea if you are fighting yeast or other infections.
Basic Wash Instructions
Be sure to wash your items before first use.
Please note: Speed of absorbency increases with 3 or more wash & wear cycles.
- Store until ready to launder.
Tuck into a dry, breathable spot (an unsealed pail, wet bag or mesh laundry bag work well).
- Unfold and wash with regular load.
Machine wash normal. Do not bleach.
- Dry with the rest of your load as you normally do.
Do not wring out. Tumble dry low. Do not iron.
*Avoid the use of fabric softeners in both the wash & dry cycles. They may leave a residue on the fabric, reduce proper absorption and increase your risk of irritation.
**Bluebird Pads are made colourful with low impact dyes that fade naturally over time. Low impact dyes are better for the environment and the integrity of the fabric.